Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mother Had a Room Mate and Other Tuesday News.....


It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you!


I slept long and hard and lingered over our coffee and reading this morning until it was no longer MORNING! I decided to dial it back a bit today and Ruth Ann and I skipped a movie. Seeing as how there wasn't one we wanted to see anyway, it was an easy decision!

I had 3 chores I wanted to do in the house today - vacuum, clean the pantry and organize one side of my closet - and when the first one took over and hour - the pantry - I decided the other 2 can wait until tomorrow - or the next day!
I picked Ruth Ann up and we hit up the ONE Goodwill and then did a spin through Aldi before we dropped in on my friend, Reaoma, for a little visit. Her husband passed away four years ago last week and next to Louis Dean, Doug was the nicest man I ever knew. I took her chocolate and roses and honeysuckle and we reminisced about their life together and how it touched and influenced mine as well as my children's. 


When I came home I found the entire gazebo deck AND gazebo all sitting pretty on the new storage deck Louis Dean recently finished! That's a LOT of lumber to load and unload and then transport around the house and put in place!!


He doesn't look like he even broke a sweat!!!
I didn't overdo it today so I had time to have a glass of wine with him and visit for a few minutes before art class.


Mother just loves sitting outside with us and keeps her pocket talker on so she can hear what we're saying!!! I forgot to tell about this morning!!! Mother gets up before we do and fixes her coffee in the guest room and then colors or reads the paper until we get up. As soon as I was awake and rattling around in our bedroom, she came out to tell me that she had a visitor spend the night in the guest room with her!!! Yes, the possum!!!! She was sitting in the chair drinking coffee and here he came out from under the bed!!! She opened the bedroom door and ushered him out!! She said he went right down the hall and where he went from there we don't know because the French doors were both closed! I'm sure he made his way outside sooner or later! I say this because as we were sitting out there on the deck, I saw him walking around the stone walkway! He headed for the bushes along the fence line so he may be visiting Stephanie as well as me for all I know!!! Oh, wait! Stephanie doesn't leave HER doors open!!! Or does she??? She does have her dog, Sam, and she may leave it open a bit for him to go in and out!! That's a possibility!!

My Goodwill finds today.....


Last week I bought this wine sign and hung it up in our bedroom.
Today I bought the white 'floating' frame and will mount four black and white photos in it!


I didn't make a big haul  but I did find two easy comfy dresses to wear in the evenings after my shower!! I love clothes I can sleep in but still look nice enough if someone stops by!


AND a sweet nightgown which I bought because the one dress above needs to be worn with a slip.
SO!!! Win! WIN!!! Take off the dress and I'm all ready for bed!!


I got my pictures out of order but this one was too cute of Louis Dean to leave out!!!
He ate a big bowl of potato soup - wiped the bowl clean so that's IT for the soup!


Then when Sabrina got here with Peach Bellini's and dinner from BABES, he was all ready to eat AGAIN!!!! I guess he worked up an appetite!!


You can tell Mother is having a good time!!! We all sat out on the deck and visited while we had our drinks and then brought our plates out here to eat!


Sherry brought us a truly decadent dessert!!!! 
I am NOT a chocoholic but this was a seriously GOOD cake!!!
Sherry's niece is in a gourmet cooking school and she is one gifted cook and baker!!!!


We finally got around to ART and we only have one more class to go on this canvas!
Next week we will paint in the details in the foreground.


Ruth Ann says this is one of her favorite paintings!!


Sabrina's painting just reminds me of Italy for some reason!
I think it would make a perfect wine bottle label!!!


Mother was very sociable and came in to visit and tell us all goodnight on her way to bed.


I am going to bed tired tonight - but just an ordinary everyday run of the mill tired.
Tired and very happy! It's been a good day!

Post a Comment

0 Comments